Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Farmers Market

2 posters

Go down

Farmers Market Empty Farmers Market

Post  zcole Wed Dec 21, 2011 6:56 pm

I personally think the Farmers Market on 34th Avenue and 78th Street is a "draw-back" for the neighborhood. I've been told by some people that they would not move into this neighborhood because of this market that seems to attract a lot of people on Sundays, a day of peace and quiet. Not only are vegetables sold there, but other people are setting up stands selling all types of food, jewelry, etc.
It is hard to get parking space on 78th Street between Northern Blvd. and 34th Avenue.
Does anyone else feel the same?
zcole
zcole

Back to top Go down

Farmers Market Empty Re: Farmers Market

Post  maryf Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:53 am

Thought that Farmers Market was supposed to end in September. Guess I was wrong. The problem is that these markets usually draw other street vendors to the area. Selling everything from cooked food to uncooked food.
maryf
maryf
Honored Member
Honored Member

Back to top Go down

Farmers Market Empty I agree

Post  zcole Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:33 pm

I was told that 78th Street between Northern Blvd. and 34th Avenue was supposed to be a play street. I think it was a stupid idea to begin with. There is a large park right there and I never see children playing in that closed-off 78th Street. More peddlers than anything else. I think it decreases this area's image. The Play Street is just a stupid idea in my opinion.
zcole
zcole

Back to top Go down

Farmers Market Empty Re: Farmers Market

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum