Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Too crowded

+3
zcole
brightstar
brendan2
7 posters

Go down

Too crowded Empty Too crowded

Post  brendan2 Fri Dec 16, 2011 6:05 pm

I think it is getting very crowded and congested. Many people speaking foreign languages and hard to understand, especially when going into a restaurant. I wish there were more signs in English in store windows so I knew what they were serving or selling. But maybe, that is just me and maybe other people like the crowds, etc.
Very big change since I first moved here.
brendan2
brendan2

Back to top Go down

Too crowded Empty I agree

Post  brightstar Sun Dec 25, 2011 3:59 pm

I also think it is getting too crowded in this neighborhood. Post Office, supermarkets, etc., are almost always crowded. The long passport line in P.O. is really making the P.O. much more crowded. I also wish merchants were not allowed to put those "stands" outside their stores, which only adds to the congestion on the streets.
I hear the people living on 73rd Street are having problems with all the traffic, etc.
Yes, just too crowded.
brightstar
brightstar

Back to top Go down

Too crowded Empty Also agree

Post  zcole Wed Dec 28, 2011 7:19 pm

I also agree that the neighborhood is getting much too crowded. Many uncourteous people also. Very seldom do I hear "Thank You," or "Excuse Me," or "Have A Nice Day." Just a shame.
zcole
zcole

Back to top Go down

Too crowded Empty I also agree

Post  billr Sat Oct 18, 2014 10:22 pm

37th Avenue is very crowded and everyone seems to be rushing and not paying attention to where they are going as many of them are on their cellphones. What did these people ever do before they had cellphones? I guess is just a sign of the times.
billr
billr

Back to top Go down

Too crowded Empty Re: Too crowded

Post  abby999 Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:56 pm

brightstar wrote:I also think it is getting too crowded in this neighborhood. Post Office, supermarkets, etc., are almost always crowded. The long passport line in P.O. is really making the P.O. much more crowded. I also wish merchants were not allowed to put those "stands" outside their stores, which only adds to the congestion on the streets.
I hear the people living on 73rd Street are having problems with all the traffic, etc.
Yes, just too crowded.

I agree. 37th Avenue is getting very crowded, especially 74th Street where there are vendors setting up their stands on the street. I'm surprised the business people who own stores in that section haven't complained to the authorities about the congestion they are causing by putting up their stands to sell their merchandise.  
I guess anyone can just set up a stand on the street and start selling their merchandise. And, of course, no taxes, no income reported, etc.
Just not a nice place to take a walk any longer. I try as much as possible to stay away from 37th Avenue. Just too crowded. I try to walk on 35th Avenue or 34th Avenue, but even they are getting crowded. I miss the quite country visits of my youth when my father visited his parents on their farm. Quiet, no crowds, etc. Not like that here.
abby999
abby999

Back to top Go down

Too crowded Empty Yes, too crowded...

Post  bobo Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:58 pm

I agree with you all. I was out shopping today and it was so very crowded on the avenue. Especially when school ends and all the parents are waiting on the sidewalk for their children.
Even in the supermarket there were long lines at each check-out counter. I was glad to get home and relax.
I wonder how many more people we can fit into this borough?
bobo
bobo

Back to top Go down

Too crowded Empty I agree

Post  tgrimes Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:05 pm

Yes indeed. It does seem to be getting more and more crowded every day, especially on 37th Avenue. The public school doesn't help either with all the parents waiting outside blocking the foot traffic. I usually have to go across the avenue in order to avoid the crowd during school "let-out" time. It also seems practically all the parents waiting outside are speaking a foreign language.
It was never this crowded in past years and I wonder why now is it getting so crowded in the streets; in the Post Office (with so many people applying for passports); in the supermarket the lines are extra long and for us older folks that means aching feet, etc.
tgrimes
tgrimes

Back to top Go down

Too crowded Empty Re: Too crowded

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum