Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Outside gates

2 posters

Go down

Outside gates Empty Outside gates

Post  maryf Thu Dec 22, 2011 5:50 pm

I think it might be a good idea to put small plastic/metal signs on the gates around the buildings that read something to the effect: "Please curb and pick up after your dog." Or something similar. I see many people walking their doors on the bricks (right below the gates) and have seen quite a few of their dogs walk right next to the gates (and expect people to get out of the way of their dogs), while their dogs defecate on the bricks just below the gates, and, the owners never bother to pick up after their dogs. And sometimes I've seen little children walking on the bricks and they step right in the poo before their parent can stop them. Just disgusting.
And, I believe, some of these people with the dogs are tenants of this co-op. I know I've seen someone in my building letting her dogs run free in the lobby, while she is waiting for the elevator.

Last edited by maryf on Thu Oct 16, 2014 7:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
maryf
maryf
Honored Member
Honored Member

Back to top Go down

Outside gates Empty Hi MaryF

Post  jimmyk Thu Dec 22, 2011 6:06 pm

Yes, I too have noticed the same thing. And I do know that there are tenants of this co-op who do allow their dogs to defacate right next to the bricks underneath the gates around the buildings. And yes, they do expect people to "get out of the way" of their dogs while their dogs are sniffing or defacating right next to the gates.
This is not only disgusting but very unhealthy as many very young children like to walk on the bricks just next to the gates outside the building. I would be horrified if my child stepped in some dog's waste that wasn't picked up by it's owner.
Why are people so insensitive to other people's concerns?
If I am not mistaken, it is a NYC law to "curb your dog," but then again, I guess these people don't believe in obeying the law.

"New York City law states that you must keep your dog on a leash not more than six feet long and that you must pick up after your dog. Dogs are allowed to be off the leash only in city dog runs, and at certain times in certain parts of certain parks."

"Not scooping your dog's poop when visiting a park? It'll cost you $250 starting June....that's if you're caught in the act. So the current fine is $100 for not scooping in parks, but $250 if you fail to clean-up in the streets." Someone told me it could be as high as $400!
jimmyk
jimmyk

Back to top Go down