Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roof noise

4 posters

Go down

Roof noise Empty Roof noise

Post  sampson Fri Oct 17, 2014 4:39 pm

I just came from visiting a friend on the 6th floor in Bldg 1 and I could hear the repairmen on the roof using a jack-hammer (I think), because the noise in the hallway was so loud. My friend said she heard noise quite often now that there are repairs being done. She said she wishes she could go someplace else to live while the repairs continue. If people are working during the daytime they do not hear most of the noise, but for the retired and elderly who are home all day long, the noise can become quite annoying.

P.S. I also noticed that there was some "stuff" (repair materials) in the 6th floor hallway. A bit dangerous I would think, especially if NYFD had to go to the 6th floor to investigate possible fire, emergency, etc. What do you think?

Last edited by sampson on Sat Dec 13, 2014 4:17 pm; edited 3 times in total
sampson
sampson

Back to top Go down

Roof noise Empty Yes indeed

Post  pearl Tue Oct 21, 2014 3:19 pm

I can hear the drilling noise when I am going to my apartment and I wonder how the people who live in the 6th floor apartments are bearing all the noise and people walking on the roof, etc. There seems to be a lot of workmen working on these buildings.

Last edited by pearl on Sat Dec 13, 2014 4:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
pearl
pearl

Back to top Go down

Roof noise Empty More scaffolding

Post  sampson Fri Dec 05, 2014 11:53 am

I now notice they are putting up more outside scaffolding around building 2, 3 and possibly four. If they are so ahead of schedule why are they still working on Saturdays? As someone else said, they should take down scaffolding on previous buildings before they put up more scaffolding in the other buildings. The whole block seems to have scaffolding on the outside of the buildings. Awful site for the holidays and for people visiting us. Wish they would have done better planning. I wonder if the board is monitoring all these repairs and whether those who are doing the repairs are qualified.

Last edited by sampson on Sat Dec 13, 2014 4:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
sampson
sampson

Back to top Go down

Roof noise Empty A lot of noise

Post  franks Mon Dec 08, 2014 8:55 am

I am on the 6th floor and when they were working on my building I could hear them drilling and dropping heavy "stuff" on the roof. It's a wonder our ceilings just didn't cave in.
It didn't seem to appear that they realized that there were people living on the 6th floor and they could just drop heavy "supplies" without any thought of being careful about all the noise they were creating for those living in the 6th floor apartments. No consideration it seems to me!

Last edited by franks on Sat Dec 13, 2014 4:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
franks
franks

Back to top Go down

Roof noise Empty Quiet today

Post  bobo Sat Dec 13, 2014 6:15 pm

Quiet today. Hoorah. Now all we need is that the airplane fly-over noise stops on Saturdays.
bobo
bobo

Back to top Go down

Roof noise Empty Re: Roof noise

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down