Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Security in buildings

2 posters

Go down

Security in buildings Empty Security in buildings

Post  jimmyk Wed Dec 21, 2011 5:57 pm

I wish there was more security in the building. No one should be allowed into the buildings unless they have a key. If you notice someone waiting to get in, use another entrance/exit. Don't let people who look like workmen or delivery men into the building. They should ring the bell to get into the building. Don't let anyone you don't know into the building if they ring your bell. If they say UPS, they should mention who is sending you the package.
UPS and FedEx delivery men are leaving a lot of packages outside doors and anyone (who do not live in the building) can steal all those packages.
Don't open your own door unless you know who is outside!
If someone is trying to get into the lobby and tells you that they have forgotten their key, how then would they be able to get into their own apartments - if they forgot their keys? They should ring the bell. You should use another entrance/exit if they are waiting outside the lobby door.
Too many unfamiliar people, and workmen in the building now-a-days.
jimmyk
jimmyk

Back to top Go down

Security in buildings Empty I agree

Post  zcole Thu Dec 22, 2011 5:35 pm

I agree with you JimmyK. I think, in particular, the locks on the lobby doors should be checked at least once a month. I notice that sometimes the lock in our lobby is not returned to the original position and then any key can be inserted and the lobby door will open.
I also think a small sign should be put in the lobbies, which would say something like "No Loitering." Sometimes when I enter the building there are a few 'teenagers' sitting on the benches in the lobby and I don't believe they are residents. Possibly a memo can be circulated telling parents of teenage children to advise their children that their friends should not wait in the lobby, for everyone's safety.
zcole
zcole

Back to top Go down